Maybe you’re thinking about looking for a rental home and don’t know where to begin and are feeling overwhelmed by the whole thing. Or perhaps you’ve begun your search but haven’t found the help you’re looking for or the exact house that matches what you have in mind. Either way, you’ve come to the right place! We’re dedicated to matching you with a home that fits your needs, your personality and your budget.
If you’re early on in the process, decide on the basics of what you’re looking for in a rental home, things like:
- Size (number of bedrooms, bathrooms, etc.)
- Areas or neighborhoods you’re interested in (You’ll want to consider schools/school districts if you have children)
- Home features that you simply have to have…such as a garage or a fenced-in yard if you have a dog.
Once you’re settled on all the criteria your new home needs to meet, it’s time to start the rental home search (which really can be the fun part).
- Hop over to the Home Page of FirstKeyHomes.com and start your search. From there, you can filter and narrow down homes that meet your requirements.
- The best part is that once you’ve found a home – or homes – that you want to look at, you don’t have to wait for somebody to call you back or coordinate schedules with a leasing agent. With our Self-Tour technology, you’ll be able to check out homes whenever it’s convenient for you … just select the Self-Tour option and choose your time; how cool is that?!
- At any point if you do want more help or to speak to someone about your search, our local leasing consultants are there for you. Call 844.395.3959 for assistance.
When you find the home you’d like to make your own, it’s time to submit your application. You’ll fill out the application online, and we’ll keep in touch about anything else that’s needed and keep you up to date on your application status. Once everything’s approved (Congratulations in advance!), it’ll be time to start planning your move. But don’t stress about that; we’ll be with you every step of the way with helpful communications, resources like a moving timeline checklist, and simply being a call or email away if you have any questions.
And even after you’ve made the move, we’re always there to help, from things like maintenance to convenient ways to pay rent and more. After all, it’s the FirstKey way!
WORDS TO LIVE BY: “Home is the nicest word there is.” —Laura Ingalls Wilder