Things don’t always go as planned. FirstKey Homes is here to help whenever you have an issue with your home, or need to repair an item that you may be responsible for. Our Maintenance Call Center Team is available 24/7 to help walk you through simple repairs, and quick ﬁxes. If you’re unsure if you’re responsible for a particular item, please reference your lease or read below.
Before submitting a service request through our resident portal, please read:
We’re happy to assist with your service request, as maintaining your home in a safe, functional manner is very important to us. Please understand that although we want to accommodate your service request, many small issues around your home, as well as damage caused by neglect or misuse, may be your responsibility as a resident. If a technician is dispatched to address an issue found to be a resident responsibility, it may result in a chargeback to your account of a $75 trip charge plus $60 per additional hour.
If you are experiencing any of the following, call our maintenance call center immediately. We have a 24-hour emergency maintenance response team on stand-by to assist.
- Burst or leaking pipe(s) of any water supply valve or line, spigot, or showerhead causing ﬂooding to the premises.
- Burst or leaking pipe(s) of hot water tank system causing ﬂooding or loss of hot water for more than 12 hours at the premises.
- Burst or leaking pipe(s) and or non-functioning of water softener tank system causing ﬂood or creating non-potable water issues to the premises.
- Burst or leaking pipe(s) and or non-functioning main water well system causing ﬂood or non-potable water issues to the premises.
- Burst or leaking pipe(s) or clog of any part of the main drain system causing an overﬂow of sewage to ﬂood into the premises.
- Demote Clogged toilets
- Clogged Toilet: This is considered an emergency If home has only one toilet and you were unable to remove clog.
- The heating system is not functioning causing the temperature to drop to 55 degrees or below inside the home when it is cold outside.
- The cooling system is not functioning causing the temperature to rise to 90 degrees or above inside the home when it is hot outside.
- Complete power failure within the home causing blackout.
- Security damage caused to external doors, locks, and windows that render the property insecure.
- Any reported Internal or external gas leaks on the property as the result of smell or damaged gas appliances or leaking gas pipe lines.
- The refrigerator is not cooling or freezing
- The stove, oven or cooktop is not working.
- Serious storm or ﬁre damage causes damage to the structure or roof leak.
- Tree fell on home.
- Deck damage causing swaying or potential collapse.
- Visible sub-ﬂoor damage that could cause a ﬂooring collapse.
- Discoloration reported greater than 1 square feet.
- Structural soundness of the premises
- Roof repairs
- Water Heater
You will be responsible for the general upkeep of the property, while minimizing dangerous conditions at the home.
- Schedule routine pest control visits to minimize pest issues
- Cut and maintain grass
- Replace sprinkler heads and above ground irrigation
- Supply and change heating/air ﬁlters once a month
- Supply and replace all light bulbs
- Supply and replace batteries for smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- Repair/Unclog drains and toilets (except when caused by roots or breakdown not caused by resident)
- Maintain minimum levels of heat to prevent freezing of water pipes and outdoor spigots
- Wrapping of outside water main in winter
- Removal of snow/ice
- When outside temperatures drop below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, turn heat to “on” position with a minimum of 60 degrees Fahrenheit.